Thursday, June 19, 2008

How did I get so lucky?

So wednesday June 18 is a day I will never forget. I got a call around 2:30 from the cutest man I know named Bill. He asked to come visit me at work, and was I so happy to see him. As he was at work with me I talked him into staying for Chandler's T ball game. So Grandpa followed me home, saw our house and met our dog. While he was over he remembered a time when he and grandma had been driving up here and saw a little resturant. They didn't stop to eat cause they had just had lunch about an hour or so ago. So he asked if after the game we could go out to dinner there. Robbie and I went with him and had the time of our lives. He made jokes with the waitress, and just kept a smile on my face the whole time. It was amazing getting to spend the day with him and to hear his stories. Grandpa I love you more than you can ever know, and we are excited to do dinner again. This time at Outback or Ruby River, which ever you decide. I'm glad I got to share the day with him and go somewhere that reminded him of grandma. The Chicken Inn will always make me think of grandpa and our special day. Can't wait for our next date. Love you Papa Bill

12 comments:

Rachel Johnson said...

I am so jealous of your fun day with grandpa! I am glad you have those memories now.

michele said...

What a great day for all of you. That is what life is all about.

michele said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy and Kids said...

I to have had the great opportunity to have a few lunch dates of my own with papa Bill. He is definitely the best looking and most entertaining date that I have had EVER. Glad that you guys were able to gain some memories to remember forever. I know that I will never forget those special moments!

KAT said...

I too am SUPER jealous you got to spend some special times with Grandpa Bill....but at the same time am so glad Grandpa was so happy!! I mean honestly..who doesn't enjoy a good laugh when G-pa is joking..he is so funny!!! Love ya

papa bill said...

Liz: I had a wonderful time with you guys. I loved Chandler's game, I loved your home and having dinner with you and Robbie was so special. I'm glad you brought him into our family, he is great!!! (so are you ) Love you a whole bunch. Papa Bill

Kacie said...

How come I am always working? No tball or dinner for me

Totally Hess said...

Lucky Ducks! The chicken inn sounds yummy and the company sounds perfectly lovely!

Hailey Smoot Kandell said...

oh that is really sweet.

suzan said...

Liz, that was so sweet! I feel cool that I got to meet Papa Bill for a second at Quiksilver. Grandparents are THE BEST!

Harrisons said...

Yay! I'm glad you found me. I was wondering why we didn't see you at the reunion, & I still think you are lame for not getting the day off to come, but whatever! Anyway, it looks like things are going well for you. I'm excited to sneak a peak in on your life every now & then. Please let me know if you are ever coming through Vegas. We'd love to see you!

Tiffany said...

That's the cutest thing ever!!! What a fun way to spend your day. Where do you work up in PC? I love it up there and it's far enough and different enough from our little city that it feels like you are really on a mini vacation I love it!!!